Fire up the grill! Warm weather is finally here! Kids are playing in the yard, birds are singing, and iced tea with lemon sits in cold glasses on the patio table. What do you put on the grill? PORK CHOPS of course!
Marinated Pork Chops
3/4 c. canola oil
1/3 c. soy sauce (reduced-sodium if you have it)
1/4 c. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard (Dijon is good)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
6 bone-in pork loin chops (1″ thick)
1. Combine the first 10 ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and shake until mixed.
2. Add pork chops to the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
3. The next night, remove the chops from the bag and discard the bag and all marinade.
4. Grill the chops over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Internal temperature should be 145° F.
5. Remove the chops and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Pairs well with coleslaw and grilled fresh pineapple.
Grilled Fresh Pineapple:
Cut a fresh pineapple into “sticks.” Marinate for one hour in a resealable plastic bag with: 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. honey, and 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice. Grill (coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill) 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
~~Angie @ www.mothersapronstrings.com~~
More from food