I suppose one could say that I haven't grown up yet.
Perhaps I never will.
I still like to play with my food.
Having a variety of colored tomatoes, and a freezer to keep them in, helps.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 12oz (350gr) cleaned shrimp
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups green tomatoes, 15oz (450gr), chopped
- 4oz (120gr) green chilies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs fresh oregano
- 3 - 4 (or more) dashes green Tabasco or other hot sauce (optional)
- Brown rice
- 1/2 cup brown rice, quick-cooking
- 1 cups chicken stock (or half water) or whatever your rice calls for
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery, onion, pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, until starting to become tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, their juices and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until vegetables are done and sauce starts to thicken.
- Add green chilies, Worcestershire sauce, shrimp and cook, stirring, until the shrimp curl and turn opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Taste, add green Tabasco as desired.
- Remove from heat and spoon over brown rice.
- Brown Rice
- Cook rice according to package instructions adding the herbs with the stock or water.
- Fluff and serve.
I should have made green rice - not sure how, though.....
More from food