A Great pumpkin pie recipe
Make Pumpkin Pie from scratch
By the way I found the recipe from http://domesticfits.com/2011/10/17/how-to-make-homemade-pumpkin-pie-from-scratch/ The author's name is Jackie. Check it out. I loved this recipe and I bet you will too.
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs sugar
- 5 tbs butter cold, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 tbs vodka
- 2 tbs cold water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (homemade as above)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs good quality Bourbon
- Combine 1 cup of flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor, pulse a few times until its combined. Add the butter and the shortening and process until it forms a ball around the blade, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining flour and process until well incorporated, about 1 minute, then move to a bowl
- Add the water and the vodka, combine with a spatula or wooden spoon. Form the dough into a disk. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap and chill until very firm, about two hours.
- While the dough is chilling, add all the filling ingredients to a stand mixer, and mix on high until combined (you can also use a hand mixer if you'd like). Place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use.
- Once the dough has chilled, add to a well floured surface,
- flour the top and roll to an even thickness. Then fold in half, then in half again to make a triangle.
- Transfer to your pie pan. If rips or tears appear, just push them back together with your fingers.
- Push the edges into shape with your fingers.
- Pour your filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until the pie is set. This means that when you gently shake the oven rack that your pie is on, the center doesn't giggle. The edges will appear to have a dry look, while the center will still look wet. This isn't a situation where a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. If that is the situation, you have seriously overcooked your pie.
- For the whipped cream:
- Put all the whipped cream ingredients in a stand mixer and beat on high until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
The full article can be seen at Domestic Fits . They have a lot of great articles and great pictures to go along with them.
Thanks for reading,
More from food