To be honest, I was a little concerned that I was not going to be able to post this week since we spent all weekend moving into our new home! I am very excited about all the space I now have to spread out in, and that my kitchen is now double the size of my previous one. Let me tell you, having only nine sets of cupboards, two drawers, and no pantry was not a picnic. Now I have so much storage, it's almost overwhelming. But you won't hear me complaining.
Anyway, so as I was starting to get concerned that I wasn't going to have a post for you this week, I saw two very ripe bananas sitting on my counter just begging to be turned into banana bread. So here you go, a very simple and delicious banana bread that is, of course, gluten free.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
You will need-Bread:
2 or 3 very ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
1-1/2 teaspoons Xanthan gum
You will need-Swirl:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 345F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
1) In a mixer, combine the bananas, sugar, melted butter, vanilla on medium-low speed. Add egg and mix until blended.
2) Add baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and flour. Stir until blended - do not over mix.
3) In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon.
4) Spread half of the batter in the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle about half of the sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter and top with remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture (I ended up having a little left over since it seemed like too much).
5) Bake for about 45-50 minutes. I started checking it at 35 minutes and it was done at 45, so watch it closely.
Adapted from Lovin' From The Oven's Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
More from food