Easter is right around the corner and I've decided to try a new gluten-free recipe for this years party. My family (I'm talking aunts and uncles) tends to be turned off by the idea of anything "gluten-free", unfortunately for them, that's all I cook.
So, I hit the store and searched the aisles for inspiration. It didn't take me long to decide to make a Caramel Cream Cheese Dip. A ZERO gluten treat that nobody will think twice about eating. Pluuuuuus by using it as a fruit dip people will be a bit more drawn to it.
Can't wait to yell "IT'S GLUTEN FREE - TAKE THAT!!!!" once it's all gone!
- 16oz. cream cheese (I used First Street)
- 3/4 c. caramel sauce
- 1 c. chopped peanuts (I used First Street)
- Granny Smith apples
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl and, with an electric mixer, mix until soft
- Add 1/2 c. caramel and continue to mix until well blended
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Scoop the mixture onto a serving platter and mold into the shape desired
- Cover the cream cheese with the remaining 1/4 c. caramel
- Gently pat the nuts onto the caramel cream cheese
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
More from food