- Choose from assorted fresh fruit in season, such as peaches, nectarines, melon, bananas, and apples, and shredded unsweetened coconut as desired.
- 16 ounces of non-fat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup of sliced blanched almonds.
Wash fruit thoroughly, cut into chunks, and peel/core as needed. Prepare enough to allow for 1/2 cup fresh fruit for each guest. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup. Blend thoroughly. Depending on the brand of yogurt, you may need to mix in more maple syrup for a "salad dressing" type of consistency.
Arrange fresh fruit in a serving bowl, and pour yogurt dressing over the fruit. (Note: if you have excess salad dressing, it keeps well for a few days if refrigerated in a covered dish). Sprinkle blanched almonds and coconut over fruit salad. Refrigerate until serving time.
More from food