Today's an important day.
Today, in the U.S., we vote.
A New York Times infographic from 2009 shows pumpkin with a strong lead last year.
Pundit Gut Thinking gives the edge to sweet potato on the basis of superior nutrition.
Commenters on Serious Eats debated a few years ago. Consensus was reached on the following points:
- Sweet potato is fluffier; pumpkin has a custard consistency.
- Pumpkin has more spices, while sweet potato tastes more like the ingredient.
Credit: Chris BarrettElection Research Sweet Potato:
- Black America Cooks a Bethune Cookman College Sweet Potato Pie
- Simply Recipes tops her sweet potato pie with pecans
- Homesick Texan pays tribute to her Uncle Richard
- Baking Bites throws some buttermilk in there
- Ginger Lemon Girl goes sweetly gluten-free
- Vegan Guinea Pig
- Healthy Happy Life has a 5-ingredient vegan pumpkin pie
- A Busy Nest posted a maple pumpkin pie with cinnamon whipped cream to Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen
- Whisk shared her favorite recipe for her favorite pie
- The Way the Cookie Crumbles is swaying my vote with tiny caramel-pumpkin pies
- Gluten-Free Easily made a GF pie that looks divine
- Buns in My Oven posted the walnut-topped wonder I made yesterday.
I'm blogging A Month of Pies, aka NaBloPieMo. I'm not promising to bake a pie a day ... but I might. Today, I whipped up this little Bourbon sweet potato number from Cooks Illustrated. I'd vote for it. Twice.
PS: I promise, pie pics will happen.
More from food