Well, today I prepared the first recipe for healthy eating. It turned out that I really like quinoa and black lentils. Here's the recipe I came up with:
(I have always found it difficult to cook for one person so, this is a recipe for 1 serving although you will have lots of quinoa and black lentils leftover, they will be used in future recipes.)
Black Lentils with Quinoa and White Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad
By Lady Elizabeth T
1 cup quinoa
1 3/4 cups water
1 cup black lentils
4 cups water
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 tomatoes, chopped
1 avocados, chopped
1 large handful mixed garden greens
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Agave Syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil,
Salt substitute and ground pepper, to taste
1. Cook quinoa: Place 1 ¾ cup water and 1 cup quinoa in a medium sauce pan on the stovetop. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Cook black lentils: place rinsed lentils in a saucepan with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are just tender, approx. 20 minutes.
3. White Balsamic Agave Vinaigrette: whisk together vinegar, agave syrup, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder. While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until mixed well. Season with salt substitute and pepper.
4. Toss ½ cup cooked quinoa and ½ cup drained lentils together in a bowl and drizzle on some White Balsamic Agave Vinaigrette. Let cool.
5. Add chopped onion, tomatoes and avocado to quinoa and lentils, and toss with garden greens.
Serve with additional salt substitute, pepper and Vinaigrette on the side.
I don't have any way to count the calories or carbs or anything else. My mind set is to simply cook meals that are wholesome and healthy and that include superfoods as much as possible.
Would love to hear what you have to say about my recipe and I'm certainly up for any additions you might come up with!
As Flo says, "I'm feelin' guuud, real guuud." On to inspiration for dinner.
More from food