Sometimes breakfast tastes delicious for dinner and that is exactly what we did! The combination of these flavors will make your mouth do a happy dance. This is not your mom’s French toast, it’s a step above.
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 slices of bread
3 cups cornflakes; crushed slightly
1 cup almonds slivers
3 Tablespoons butter
2 bananas; sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk until combined well.
- Mix together the cornflakes and the almonds in a pie tin.
- Place a large skillet on a medium heat and melt butter.
- While the pan is heating, dip the bread into the egg mixture and coat on both sides with the cornflake mixture, pressing down slightly. Brown for about 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a baking sheet. Add more butter to the skillet, if needed. Repeat the process until all the bread has been done.
- Place the French toast in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking it through and crispy.
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- In a small skillet, toast coconut flakes over a medium heat; be careful not to burn them.
- In a small pan, combine the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla. In a small cup, place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Add to the other ingredients and stir constantly. Bring it to boil, to thicken the syrup. Add coconut flakes for the finishing touch.
When serving your French toast, place sliced bananas on top and drizzle syrup on top.
More from food