This recipe for Crunchy Pecan Date Cookies is perfect. If you like crunchy cookies then these are right up your alley. They can easily be served as a snack or even breakfast. They have a bit of a shortbread texture if that helps in your decision making.
I like to cook with pecans. They have a nice texture that is firm but not over the top. I have made Raw Brownies with dates and pecans and they are truly one of my favorite desserts. I think I’ve got to make them again soon.
Makes 16 cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 13-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add flour, salt, baking soda, and rolled oats. Mix together and add wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Stir in dates and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet a few minutes. Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature.
More from food