Fish is a lean source of protein filled with Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. I typically try including it in my diet 2 to 3 times per week and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. As a result I have come to appreciate some of the simple white fish such as cod for the variety of ways it can be made. Since cod has a mild flavor adding some sort of topping or sauce is a nice way to dress it up a bit and give it some flair. With this dish I added a creamy cheese coating before baking it in the oven for remarkable flavor and texture.
This is a super easy week night dinner that can be prepared and ready in 20 minutes. Serve alongside fresh steamed veggies for a healthy and nutritious meal.
Creamy Parmesan Baked Cod
(Recipe serves 2-3 people)
- 1 lb. fresh cod fillets
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Season cod with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika and basil in a small bowl. Spread mixture over the cod.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
More from food