CHAI-SPICED OVERNIGHT OATS IN A JAR
Serves: 2 Prep time: 15 minutes Sit time: overnight
2/3 cup organic “Old-Fashioned” rolled oats (*not instant or “quick cooking”)
1/2 cup plain fat-free Vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup organic 2% milk
1 tsp loose leaf chai tea
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon warm honey
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1) Place milk in a small, microwave safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute until hot. Place the loose-leaf chai tea in a steeper and submerge the steeper in the warm milk for 4 minutes.
2) In a medium bowl combine the Greek yogurt and honey. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the chai milk.
3) Add the oats and coconut and mix to combine all ingredients.
4) Spoon the mixture equally into (2) half-pint sized Mason Jars. Cover with a lid, and refrigerate overnight.
5) In the morning, uncover and add ½ cut up banana and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts to each jar (*if eating both at once; otherwise just add to one jar and save the second for another day). Add more milk if desired and enjoy!
More from food