As a food blogger, there’s this ridiculous pressure that every recipe has to be earth-shatteringly wonderful. They have to be unique, creative, and easy enough that people will actually attempt making it themselves. The photos have to be gorgeous and there has to be a story that goes along with them. Otherwise, they’re not deemed “blog-worthy.”
What the heck?
Images: Courtesy of Healthy. Delicious.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced fat feta
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Coat bottom of a baking dish with oil.
- Bring a small pot of water to a rapid simmer. Add the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, chopped spinach, and feta; mix until just incorporated. Firmly roll the mixture into 12 balls, about 2 inches each; place in prepared dish. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
More from food