Working full time and trying to keep a decent house, all while balancing life, leaves little time to spend in the kitchen. I find recipes I like and then tear them apart to make a quick, easy and cheap meal. While I wish I could spend hours in the kitchen, cooking up 100 percent homemade meals from scratch, it's just not reality.
So think of my recipes like Sandra Lee's (minus the big boobs, sparkling smile, perfectly polished hair and the wardrobe of a queen!).
Image: Courtesy of Hello Newlywed Life
Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups
Recipe makes 11 rolls-ups
11 lasagna noodles
1 jar of Vodka Sauce (you can use any sauce you like, I was just hoping the vodka wouldn't cook off!)
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cups (1 bag) of shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup ricotta
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix ricotta, egg and 1 cup of vodka sauce until combined.
3. Stir in shredded chicken and 1.5 cups of cheese.
4. Cook noodles until al dente (I cooked mine for 9 minutes).
5. Drain and rinse noodles then dry well (dry very well or the mixture will be a slippery mess).
6. Pour 1/2 cup of vodka sauce into the bottom of an 8x11-inch dish.
7. Lay noodles out and place 4 Tbsp of mixture over then evenly spread it out.
8. Roll noodles up, loosely so the mixture doesn't squirt out left and right.
9. Squeeze those bad boys into the baking dish (as you can see, I was determined to fit 11!).
10. Top with the remaining vodka sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese.
11. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
12. Remove foil and bake 15-20 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Here are some step-by-step pictures, I'm a visual learner! ;)
Serve with a side salad and dinner is ready.
Hope you're having a great week!
More from food