My Mom originally made this for the family when we went over their house one afternoon for a Giants game. It was gone in 6.3457 seconds.
Velveeta on its own is addicting. Bacon as well. Toss them together with spicy tomatoes and green chiles, some spinach and cream cheese for smoothness, and the perfect appetizer is created. This is also made in the microwave, so it requires less than 10 minutes to make and hardly any clean-up, which is ideal when having guests over. Enjoy!
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 can (10 oz.) Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles, undrained
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on high 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips and cut vegetables.
More from food