I just love these fun, pretty and perfect size cake pops as they make all the kids happy! Actually I am my mom's kid so it makes me happy too:) They are ideal for birthday parties, baby showers and school parties. Plus they are especially fun to make with your kids!!!
Warning- it is a messy job! Exactly kid's cup of tea right?
1. Baked cake of your choice (Red Velvet, Chocolate or Yellow or homemade)
2. 1 cup of frosting any kind you like (whipped cream cheese works too)
3. 2 packages of Candy Melts (14-ounce small balls)
4. Lollipop sticks (4-inch)
5. Styrofoam blocks
1. Bake the cake following the directions on the box. Let it cool, then gently crumble it into a large bowl making sure no large lumps are left. Mix in the frosting and begin to form small balls, rolling in your palm (about 3 tablespoons each).
2. Refrigerate the pops for 1 hour. After they are cold and firm, it's time to give them a chocolate bath. Place the candy melts in a deep dish and melt in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir well and if not melted completely, try 10 more seconds until it's smooth. Dip each lollipop in the melted chocolate ( just the tips). Push the stick about 2/3 into a cold cake pop just about more than half way.
3. Dip each cake ball in the melted chocolate and let any excess to drip off the pops. The next step is important, as you have to be quick. Apply all the sprinkles or any decorations you have handy on the cake pops before the chocolate gets cold. You can also drizzle them with melted chocolate or just look up for some decorating ideas on the Internet.
4. Arrange the cake balls by inserting them into the styrofoam block to leave the pops and the chocolate to set.
Note: You can use any color chocolate melts you want. Also most cakes are pretty moist, so be careful with adding too much frosting. Enjoy!
More from food