Cabbage for Those Who Dislike Cabbage
This is so much nicer than plain steamed or boiled cabbage. Try it on the cabbage haters in your family and see if it converts them.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage (about 1 normal-sized head)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 -4 garlic cloves , minced (I use 4)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; add cabbage, garlic and brown sugar to pan.
Sauté until the cabbage is limp, about 5 minutes or so.
Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in vinegar.
Cook, stirring very often, for approximately 20 minutes; taste and if cabbage is too crunchy for you, continue to cook for a few more minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More from food