Need some quick and healthy dinner recipes that you, your partner, the kids, anyone is sure to love?
This has been a favorite in my house for years! It’s filling yet healthy, light yet flavorful and packed full of goodness.
Note: I don’t typically measure out ingredients when I’m cooking, which is why I usually don’t list exact ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt and swirl of olive oil. Add a box of your favorite whole-wheat pasta and follow the cooking directions on the box. When done cooking, drain and set aside.
- Next you’ve got to cook the butternut squash. This can be a bit tricky. I like to first peel the squash and then cut it in half. Remove the seeds and do your best to cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a heavy skillet with about 1/4 inch of water, a drizzle of good olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook until tender (10-15 minutes).
- Once the butternut squash is tender, add in your greens. This can be kale or spinach. Just wash the greens and cut them into bite-sized pieces and add to the skillet with squash until barely wilted (a few minutes).
- Place the pasta you’d set aside in a large, pretty bowl. Add in the squash and kale mixture, a drizzle of olive oil to coat and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Add red pepper flakes or salt and pepper to taste.
If you like this recipe, please hit the share button! For other delicious recipes get my Self-Love Manifesto chock-full of recipes and love.
Click here to get your free copy of her Self-Love Manifesto.
More from food