Gluten free buckwheat,potato and pumpkin fritters-ve
Buckwheat /Kuttu ka atta is a healthy and gluten free fruit seed.Though it is used from centuriesbut now it has become a very popular grain world wide as it is considered as a super food by experts.It is good for the patients who are gluten intolerant and for diabetic patients.It contain more protein then other grains.
- Buckwheat flour/Kuttu ka atta- 1.5 cup
- Potato,/Aloo, chopped- 1 cup
- Yellow pumpkin /kaddu, chopped -1 cup
- Green chilies/Hari mirch,chopped -2 tsp
- Fresh coriander/Dhaniya,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Dried pomegranate seed powder/Anardana - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida /Hing- a pinch of
- Pepper/Kali mirch, crushed- 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds /Jeera- 1.5 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Chop potato and pumpkin into small and thin pieces,like we do to make poha.
- In a bowl add chopped potato, pumpkin, green chilies, fresh coriander and all the spices.
- Mix and add kuttu atta and mix all together.
- Add just enough water (aaprox 1 and 1/4 cup) to make a medium thick batter.
- Mix it well, it would be a slightly sticky batter.
- Now heat enough oil in a deep and broad pan.
- Drop spoon full of batter in the hot oil or use your fingers to drop the batter.
- Deep fry the fritters on medium heat to a nice golden colour.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter .
- Drain the fried kuttu pakoras on a paper napkin and serve hot.
1-Instead of using both the vegetables ,you can make this either with potato or pumpkin.
2-Don't make big size pakora's otherwise they will not become crisp.
More from food