This week I had some extra breakfast sausage lying around (not literally) and decided to mix that with some sweet potato. Super basic, incredibly easy and very nutritious.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 8 breakfast sausages pork, cut into 4 pieces
- 1-1/2 c. sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl (or blender) blend eggs and coconut milk, set aside
- In a large skillet, thoroughly cook the breakfast sausage
- Remove from the skillet, but leave the grease
- Add the sweet potato and onion to the skillet and cook until the potatoes begin to lightly brown
- Pour the egg mixture onto the potatoes and set the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Make sure the heat is not too high, otherwise the eggs will burn.
- Once the eggs look mostly cook, sprinkle the sausage evenly onto the eggs
- Place skillet in the oven under the broiler and cook on high for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Remove from the broiler and slice.
More from food