After you have all the toppings you want on the pizza (minus the egg), you then place it into the oven for five minutes. When the five minutes are up, you remove the pie and add the egg.
The easiest way to get the egg atop the pizza is to crack an egg into a small glass/cup. With the whole egg in the glass, you slowly pour the egg onto the pizza. Repeat this process for each egg you want to add. You can add 2-3 eggs on top your pizza without there being to much egg white and spillage. If you are afraid the egg might run off the pie, you can first move the toppings with a spoon to make a well for the eggs to sit in.
Once you have the egg on the pizza, add salt, pepper and any other fresh herbs you like. Place the pizza back into the oven to finish baking for another 5 to 7 minutes and let the eggs cook. Once the eggs are cooked, remove from the oven, cut and serve. Oh, and just a small suggestion...cut the pizza slices around the egg yolk and not through it, because once you break the yolk it makes a delicious gooey mess. Enjoy!
1 Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- Red or white pizza sauce (optional)
- Shredded or Crumbled Cheese (your choice)
- Several handfuls of fresh herbs
- Precooked bacon, ham or sausage
- Any other toppings you would like
- 2-3 eggs per pizza
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Place ready made gluten-free pizza crust on cookie sheet or pizza tin.
- 3. Add a layer of pizza sauce to the crust. If you do not want sauce on your pizza, skip to Step 4.
- 4. Shred or crumble your choice of cheese (or cheese substitute) atop the pizza.
- 5. Chop, dice and/or julienne you favorite veggies and add to the pizza. Spread toppings out making sure that ingredients are level.
- 6. Add precooked thinly sliced meats (ex. bacon, ham, sausage)
- 7. Bake pizza for 5 minutes. Then remove from oven.
- 8. Place one whole egg into an empty glass or cup. Using a spoon, move toppings to create a small well and slowly pour egg into the depression and onto the pizza. Repeat this step for as many eggs you wish to add to your pizza.
- 9. Add salt, pepper and any other fresh herbs.
- 10. Place pizza back into the over to finish baking, approximately 5 to 7 minutes until eggs are cooked. Remove from oven, cut pizza slices around egg yolks and serve.
*Photo of Lil Dom's Breakfast Pizza by GarlicGirl.com
More from food