Beta Carotene Sipper
Along with that little bit of leftover chipotle in adobo and that smidgen of tomato paste, I inevitably end up with some pumpkin puree after opening up a can. This drink was born when we harvested the last carrots from the greenhouse before it got too hot - and that forlorn scoop of pumpkin puree chiding me from its glass container in the refrigerator.
BETA CAROTENE SIPPER
- 2 cups chilled carrot juice (fresh or bottled - make sure it's 100% carrot juice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5-6 drops liquid vanilla-flavored stevia or pure maple syrup, to taste
- ~1/2 tsp. fresh ginger root
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed or regular blender and process until smooth.
More from food