Yes, this is my first post to my new blog and I decided to kick things off with one of my favorite chicken breast recipes. This is a family favorite fresh mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts recipe.
- Using a sharp pairing knife, cut pockets inside the chicken breasts.
- Slice the mozzarella into 8 slices.
- Rub the chicken breasts inside and out with oil and seasonings.
- Stuff each breast with one slice of cheese, and place another slice on top.
- Put the breasts inside a baking dish, then stick the butter pats around the inside walls of the baking dish and carefully pour the chicken broth. (I learned this helpful technique from a recipe at http://ifoodblogger.com/baked-chicken-breast/ found on Pinterest.) The chicken comes out some much tastier and super moist doing it this way.
Baked Chicken Breast - i food blogger
- Bake at 325F for about 60 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165F. Then let it rest for 5 minutes, garnish with chopped basil leaves and serve. (It may seem like the temperature is too low and baking time is too long, but trust me, this 'low and slow' approach makes all the difference. This is another little secret from the link above).
More from food