1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 cups grated zucchini
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup corn meal
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Bake at 350 degrees for as long as muffins/a small loaf usually takes in your oven. (This could be anywhere from 15-22 minutes for muffins, depending on their size all the way up to 50 minutes for a loaf.) Bread is done when it's a rich nutty brown, very fragrant, and the top looks set but still tender. Stick in a skewer at this point; if it comes out pretty clean, with just a few clinging crumbs, you're all set.Whatever method you use, remove bread from pan immediately, and cool on a wire rack.
ROSEMARY CHEDDAR BREAD
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cheese. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 18 slices).
ITALIAN HERB FOR THE BREAD MACHINE
- 9 oz warm (not hot) water (this is 1c + 2T)
- 2 T butter or margarine
- 3 c bread flour
- 3 T Parmesan cheese
- 1 T dry milk
- 1 T sugar
- 2 t Italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 t regular yeast or 1 1/2 t bread machine/fast rise yeast
Per my bread machine instructions, I add the water first, then all of the other ingredients.
If you're using the time-delay feature that most machines come with, be sure to push the dry ingredients into the corners to keep the water from seeping up and activating the yeast too soon. It also helps to put the salt in the corner, and the yeast in a little well in the center.
My machine also has a 1 hour cycle which I love--to ensure the quick rise, increase the bread machine/fast rise yeast to 3 teaspoons, and decrease the salt to 1/2 t.
More from food