Sometimes I have a real craving for fries. But sometimes I am just too lazy to go out to order some and I'd rather make my own. It allows me to control the amount of sodium and oil in my fries. These Baked Garlic Fries take 25 minutes to cook in the oven and they come out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Since they're baked, you won't require a large pot of oil to fry these, making it a healthier alternative to the deep fried version. So give these a go and let me know what you think!
BAKED GARLIC FRIES RECIPE
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOK TIME 25 MINSINGREDIENTS
- 2 LARGE WHITE TABLE WATER POTATOES (WASHED & UNPEELED)
- 2 TBSPS OF ORGANIC OLIVE OIL
- 1/8 TSP OF GARLIC SALT
- SPRINKLE OF SALT
- SPRINKLE OF PEPPER
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash and dry your potatoes. No need to peel them. Begin vertically slicing them into slender pieces (thickness: 7 mm x 7 mm or as thick as McDonald's fries).
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Tip: Parchment paper allows the fries to slide off versus aluminum foil).
- Drizzle olive oil and garlic salt over top. Massage into the fries. Then spread the fries evenly across the baking sheet giving each fries some space.
- Lightly sprinkle some additional salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown. Serve with some low sodium ketchup and garnish with some dried parsley flakes. Enjoy!
More from food