You guys...T-6 days till one of the greatest days of the year!
Super Bowl Sunday! I love the Super Bowl every year. The snacks. The drinks. The football. The snacks. The commercials. The snacks.
Did I mention the snacks??? :)
But if it's possible, I'm even more excited for this year since my hometown team - the San Francisco 49ers - are in the big game! Full disclosure, I'm a bit of a bandwagon fan...my real hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks, missed out and a chance at winning it all because they couldn't play defense for 30 seconds at the end of the game (I'm not bitter), but when you live in the area and have a husband that watches every game, pre-game, and post-game you get to know the team and have some Bay Area pride. I am alsoloving the Bro Bowl/Harbowl/Superbaugh business that's going on. I think I like it because I imagine what it would be like if it were me going up against one of my siblings in the biggest game of the year. Someone is winning some serious bragging rights at next year's Thanksgiving!
Ok, back to the snacks! You absolutely, positively, cannot under any circumstances have a Super Bowl party without buffalo wings. Don't even try. It's basically un-American. So make them. Better yet...make these.
Buffalo wings are probably one of the easiest Super Bowl snacks to make...and one of the most delicious to eat! These buffalo wings are baked, which I strongly prefer to their deep fried cousins. One they are baked you simply toss them in a mixture of butter, cayenne pepper, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Don't even think about trying another sauce. Frank's and wings go hand in hand. No need to get too fancy here.
This quick and easy recipe is a crowd pleaser every time. I serve mine up with some homemade "blue cheese dressing." AKA a container of blue cheese crumbles mixed with a cup of greek yogurt. No one will ever be the wiser. And you can dunk away without guilt.
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Frank's hot pepper sauce
- 5 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix pepper sauce ingredients in a medium bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in hot sauce; keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Set a wire rack inside each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Toss wings in oil, salt, and pepper. Divide wings between prepared racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes. Half way through, switch position of racks.
- Toss wings in Buffalo sauce. Serve immediately.
More from food