This Sunday, I'm teaching a great group of young adults how to plan, prepare and host a Holiday Cocktail Party! This group of "20 Somethings"made up of some really awesome men and women meet once a week in a Life Group. From the friendships that developed, they also started a supper club and last month the girls approached me about a cooking class. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity! We are going to have a great time cooking and planning Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years parties that are tasty, fun and affordable.
Here's a sneak peak of a recipe I'll be sharing on Sunday. Party food that is easy to prepare with a flavor surprise and is easy on your budget...
Avocado Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
1 medium avocado
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced chives - more for garnish
3 tablespoons mayo
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolk and place in a shallow bowl.
- Cut avocado in half and scoop flesh into bowl with eggs.
- With a folk, gently mash eggs and avocado.
- Add lemon juice and mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and add chives and gently stir.
- Pipe or spoon filling into eggs.
- Garnish with remaining chives.
More from food