Last night I was in a Chicken Fingers kinda mood so I baked a tray of homemade crunchy Chicken Fingers and with Super Bowl eating day this sunday I thought I would share this recipe with y'all.
Chicken wings and chicken fingers are a staple for many super bowl parties, and on occasion I think most of us love nothing better than southern fried chicken.
My friend Janet and I occasionally drop into one of our favorite spots, LaWan’s Soul Food Restaurant in Charlotte, NC to indulge ourselves. We always order the chicken strips, a green salad and corn bread. Ranch and Blue cheese dressing for dipping is a must. Baked chicken is also on the menu, but we always go for the chicken fingers.
LaWan’s is on the other side of town from where I live, so sometimes when I am craving Chicken Fingers I pull out my recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Fingers.
Years ago I would use Italian bread crumbs, which are still a good choice, however several years ago I started using Panko bread crumbs which provide a really crunchy coating.
My family loves my version of chicken fingers so I always double the recipe when I have a crowd.
This recipe is delicious and has less fat and sodium than traditional fried chicken.
Janet, we need to plan a visit to LaWan’s!
Oven Baked Chicken Fingers
- 4 Chicken breasts, about 1 lb or 1lb pre-cut chicken strips
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Light sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Ranch Dressing and/or honey-mustard dressing
– Homemade honey-mustard, blend together the following:
– ½ cup of mustard, I like to use grain mustard
– 1 tablespoon of honey, add more to sweeten
- Cooking Instructions:
- Heat the oven to 350
- Rinse the chicken and cut off any fat
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips
- In a large bowl mix together the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning
- Coat each of the chicken fingers in the bread crumb mixture
- Spray a cookie sheet or 8 ½ by 11 cake pan
- Place the chicken fingers in the pan and spray the top of the chicken with the non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for 10 minute then flip the chicken
- Bake another 10 minutes then broil for 2 or 3 minutes, flip the chicken again and broil another 2 o3 minutes until golden brown
Serves four, maybe! My husband loves these which results in 3 servings!
Serve as an appetizer or as meal with green beans & oven baked home fries!
Thanks for visiting. Stop by http://cookingwithkary.blogspot.com
More from food