I can’t get enough of pumpkin, I honestly think I might turn into one… These healthy pumpkin bars are seriously one of my favorite healthy recipes I’ve ever made. Pumpkin bars are usually high in sugar, fat, and calories. Which is another reason why I love these bad boys, because they are the opposite of those fattening treats.
I couldn’t take a picture of all the ingredients, cause there was so many BUT it was so worth it. PLEASE TRY if you’re a pumpkin lover like myself. ~Kailey
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour & 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder & Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 (15oz) can of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar, 1 Tbsp Agave, 4 packets of Truvia
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add your oil, eggs, and applesauce.
- Add your pumpkin, brown sugar, and vanilla then mix together till you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spray your pan and evenly spread your batter. Cook for 20 minutes. Let your bars cool and then cut into individual pieces. Tope with Lowfat Greek Cream Cheese frosting. (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup, (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Truvia to taste
- *Optional 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Add all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix together until a smooth and thick consistency occurs, it will look like frosting. Place into fridge for 5 minutes and then coat your baked good!
More from food