Golly gee. I am so glad we now live in a colorblind and thus racism-free America. Otherwise, I would be deeply suspicious of the latest bullshit out of Jasper, TX. The cops of Jasper have officially decided that a black guy named Alfred Wright died of an “accidental drug overdose”. The man was a physical therapist with no history of drug use and was married with three sons, but that is no reason to ignore that he died of an accidental drug overdose. Granted, that overdose also happened to also knock out his teeth, cut off his ear, kill him through blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and slit his throat – but we shouldn’t let that influence our beliefs that this man was murdered rather than overdosed. We must give the benefit of the doubt to the cops of Jasper, TX, who have doubtlessly run into a lot of junkies whose overdoses look coincidently like torture, mutilation, and lynching.
I’m sure the fact that Alfred Wright’s wife was a pretty white woman had nothing to do with it.
Here are some other things we need to overlook because we totes trust that the cops of Jasper are hand-to-God telling the truth:
- His father asked the store clerk what happened. He says she told him that she was out having a smoke when Wright "all of a sudden put his cell phone in his sock and took off like the truck was going to blow up." The clerk did not want to be interviewed on camera but did tell CNN that Wright "left on his own free will," a phrase she repeated several times.
- The next day, his personal effects, including his watch and ID, turned up on a nearby ranch. Deputies searched the property with cadaver dogs. His family says it was told by the deputies that Wright's scent had "disappeared" at a nearby creek.
- the sheriff told them that "there was no foul play" and that Wright's disappearance was probably "drug-related," most likely related to methamphetamine.
- He had been missing for 19 days when, during Thanksgiving week, dozens of volunteers did their own search in the cold and rain. Wright's body was found nearly three weeks after his truck broke down, in an area of the ranch supposedly already searched by deputies.
- Alfred Wright was missing an ear, two front teeth, and his throat appeared to be cut. The medical examiner attributed the trauma to "animal and insect activity."
- in an echo of the sheriff's prediction, the coroner's toxicology report described Wright's body as filled with drugs -- cocaine, meth and amphetamines. His death was ruled "accidental" due to a "combined drug intoxication."
- the family hired their own pathologist, who ultimately did a separate autopsy and, contrary to the medical examiner, found what appears to be "severe trauma to the neck and head."
See? Nothing suspicious whatsofuckingever.
More from entertainment