This time of year two things become apparent every single year 1) The NHL and NBA playoffs last forever and 2) Major League Baseball has a serious image problem.
Since my Washington Capitals were knocked out of the playoffs in a tragic fashion, I am scared to write anything about the Magic because I don't want to jinx them an I am sick to death of baseball and steroids I figured we could talk about a few things going on in women's sports.
- And the Lindsey's have it! The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association's Athlete of the Year ceremonies were dominated by ladies named Lindsey:
A trio of Lindseys top the podium this year. World Championship gold medalist skier Lindsey Vonn and ski-jumper Lindsey Van will be joined by World Cup snowboardcross champion Lindsey Jacobellis in receiving awards for their athletic success for the 2009 season.
-Sahsa Cohen (not to be confused with Sacha Baron Cohen) is planning to skate in the 2010 Olympics.
Even though she has not competed since 2006, Olympic silver medalist, Sasha Cohen is planning a comeback for a shot at competing in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver according to USA Today and Sasha’s official website.
Even though Sasha has not competed since 2006, she has stayed fit and has been skating... she has been one of the tours’ most popular skaters
thanks to her amazing flexibility, dynamic performances and her already
established fan base.
- Venus and Serena Williams have landed in opposite halves of the French Open bracket. Could we be looking at an all Williams final in Paris? I don't think I am alone when I say that I love watching Serena and Venus play against each other.
- The Lingerie Football League? Don't even get me started on this one.
- Don't let that garbage ruin you on women's football. There is a legitimate league too.
- Since I don't golf this has never even occurred to me, but there is an interesting conversation going on over at Golf Girl's Digest about wearing makeup on the golf course.
- Finally, congratulations to WNBA star Candace Parker and her husband, Sheldon Williams who welcomed a brand new baby girl last week.
More from entertainment