JL goes Reverend, Donating Veganism, Italian Potluck + Vegan News You Can Use (2/24/13)
On this Sunday morning I’m looking at the clouds out over the mountains and the hills. For the first time since moving to Colorado we’re expecting a blizzard. While that normally sounds lovely on a Sunday, we’re really hoping everyone is getting it wrong. Because today I’m going to be officiating a wedding! Yes, new readers, not only did JL go Vegan, she also went Reverend.
Friday we had the rehearsal in the Garden of the Gods …
…that’s Pikes Peak, that you can’t see, under the clouds.
Later that night we attended a fundraising event. I donated a Plant-Based 101 package.
The package included:
- One 60-minute personal coaching session with certified vegan lifestyle coach and educator JL Fields
- One copy of the nutrition book Vegan for Life
- One copy of the cookbook Let Them Eat Vegan
- One copy of the cookbook Vegan Soul Kitchen
- One copy of the cookbook Ani’s Raw Food Essentials
- One Go Vegan with JL tote bag
My item was bid upon! I helped an organization raise money and I’ll get to work with someone who may want to go more plant-based – double win! (Thanks to my publisher, Da Capo Press, for donating the books!)
Last night we went to the Colorado Springs Vegan & Vegetarian Group MeetUp 3rd Annual Italian Potluck (vegan).
I took my Mediterranean Beans with Greens (I used chickpeas).
The spread was amazing.
This isn’t even everything!
I loaded up my plate.
Salad, pasta, pizza, kale chips, antipasto, oh my! Such a great meal!
This was my second vegan potluck in the Springs and I am hooked. Folks around here know how to dish up some delicious vegan eats! If you haven’t joined a local veganMeetUp I really encourage you to do it (and if there isn’t one in your area, start one!). It’s such a great way to meet new friends and to sample delicious vegan eats!
I have announcements!
- Colorado Springs-area vegans and veg-curious friends, I added an April vegan lifestyle class to my teaching schedule! Sign up now (hurry, the March class sold out!): Beyond Meatless Mondays: Dive Deeper into Plant-Based Living. I’m keeping this class small, group coaching-style, so register soon!
- My February coaching special is still going on! You have FOUR MORE DAYS to get 30% off one month of vegan lifestyle coaching!
- My fundraiser for Our Hen House continues! If you’re a regular listener to the fabulous podcast or read the daily posts on the online magazine, you know what a valuable resource Our Hen House is to vegans. Please give!
This week’s vegan links and news [click to continue…]
JL Fields is co-author of the forthcoming Vegan for Her: The Women’s Guide to Being Healthy and Fit on a Plant-Based Diet and writes the blog JL goes Vegan.
More from entertainment