I recently wrote a post about the t.v. series I miss. So why not discuss the ones I currently love? I don't really care if people say I watch too much. It's fun!
I lean towards comedies these days because they help me unwind at the end of a long day of butt-wiping and blood-curdling tantrums.
Here are some good ones:
1. Modern Family: Let me guess, you already watch it? If you haven't, you are missing out. Phil Dunphy is my favorite character ("shower snacks" anyone?). But Manny can deliver great lines too ("she's a rare books librarian; I'd love to pick that brain").
2. The Middle: Such an underrated show. I think the oldest son, Axl, is spot-on as a college kid/oldest brother character. This show is surprisingly realistic and funny.
3. How I Met your Mother: I jumped on the bandwagon a little later than most for this show, mainly catching up when I was nursing my baby at all hours (you can find this show on t.v. just about any time of day, playing in syndication. Go on, try me. Turn on your tv.. I'll wait... It's on, right?).
4. Big Bang Theory: I alternated between this one and HIMYM (above) when feeding my baby. Because, again, it's always on. And it's funny. And that's what I needed. In fact, I still need that.
5. Shark Tank. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's reality t.v. But it's so interesting! I love watching the various entrepreneurs from so many different fields pitch their products, and I love hearing the sharks advice even more! I don't like it, however, when some poor soul's dreams are crushed. That can be brutal.
Here are some bad ones [that I watch anyway]:
6. The Bachelor/Bachelorette. No, I'm not 22 anymore. Yes, I'm married. So what? It's fuuuunnnn.
7. Big Brother. I know-- terrible, right? Frantic Mama Hubby is making me admit to it right here and now. We've been fans for years. Don't judge! It's a force bigger than ourselves.
What are some of your faves? Please share!
Like Frantic Mama on Facebook
More from entertainment