Every time. Every single time. Perhaps because they're beautiful, meaningful, perfect. Or because they speak to my heart. Maybe because they draw out a deliciously aching, perfectly wistful, sweetly nostalgic feeling of longing. Or because they explode with joy and triumph and make me want to dance. Because of this, and this, and this, it's impossible for me to listen just once... I am greedy, I want more, and so I must go back for seconds.
Here's my current personal, eclectic, in-no-particular-order, always-under-development, "second helping" songlist:
- Amsterdam (Coldplay)
- Australia (The Shins)
- Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
- Beethoven's Pastoral Sixth Symphony
- Eet (Regina Spektor)
- Away (The Grapes of Wrath)
- Wisemen (James Blunt)
- Trouble (Cat Stevens)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings (Barenaked Ladies feat. Sarah McLachlan)
- Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye feat. Kimbra)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams)
- Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (Edith Piaf)
- Ho Hey (The Lumineers)
- Alright, Okay, You Win (cover by Tim Tamashiro)
- Mari-Mac (Great Big Sea)
- Hurt (cover by Johnny Cash)
Do you have a song - or songs - that you MUST replay a second time?
Inspired by NaBloPoMo writing prompt for Wednesday, December 4, 2013:
How often do you go back for seconds?
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More from entertainment