- PCs are so last year. Kids have moved to mobile devices.
In the past year the number of children going online from tablets and smartphones has doubled from 15% to 32%.
- Really, pretty much everyone has them now.
3 out of 4 kids in the US have access to a mobile device.
- And babies too!
38% of babies and toddlers under the age of 2 (yes…two) have used a mobile device. It’s almost as if mobile is the new mobile… (Get it?)
- Kids prefer tablets.
Kids’ access to tablets is 5 times higher today than it was 2 years ago. Tablets are kids’ new besties.
- They spend MUCH more time with them.
The time kids spend with mobile devices has tripled over the last 2 years – from 2.5 hours to 7.5 hours a month on average. (Though most of the kids we know spend MUCH more time than that.)
- Even when they’re watching TV.
Kids are multitaskers – 36% watch TV while using their mobile devices.
- But despair not, they don’t let their brains rot.
More than half of kids under the age of 12 use their mobile device for educational purposes. Getting smarter all the time!
- Parents are concerned. (But that pretty much sums up the act of parenting.)
3 out of 4 parents are worried that their child is browsing the web too freely on mobile devices, but only 15% of them do something about it and install an app (like KIDOZ) that secures their kid’s browsing.
- That doesn’t stop them from dedicating a third of their apps to their kids.
30% of the apps on a parent’s mobile device are downloaded for their kid’s use. That’s A LOT of apps.
More from entertainment