I tweeted this. I meant it as a joke, but after I thought about it a while, I had a real idea. No joke.
What The Good Wife's Kalinda Sharma (Archie Panjabi) really needs is a spin-off all her own. It could be named "Kalinda Sharma, P.I." and would put Kalinda at the center of her own show where she could be fully used.
Even though everyone loves her on The Good Wife, she's relegated to minor errand running and the occasional spy-bang. With so much woman power on The Good Wife in the form of the show's actual lead Alicia Florrik (Julianna Margulies) and the powerhouse Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski), there just isn't time to give Kalinda a lot to do.
Image via CBS5 Reasons Why
- Everyone loves Kalinda. She'd bring an audience with her.
- Kalinda is bisexual. She would be the only lead character on network TV who is, a worthy and important milestone to bring to TV. (I hear all you Bo Dennis fans shouting that Lost Girl pioneered this with a bisexual character played by Anna Silk, but I'm talking network TV.)
- Archie Panjabi is perfection in this part: secretive, mysterious, powerful, brave, sexy, bold, smart, and awesome with a baseball bat.
- Archie Panjabi is not the standard-issue white woman who represents female as the default white. We need diversity and Kalinda brings it.
- Archie Panjabi has impeccable acting chops. She's been in East Is East, Bend It Like Beckham, The Constant Gardener, A Mighty Heart, Yasmin and much more. All that light needs to shine in a starring role.
There must be some conditions on this proposed spin-off.
- Kalinda must have the same costume designer who dresses her on The Good Wife. The leather and the boots have to stay.
- What we already know about the mysterious Kalinda must remain her basic personality.
So, what do you think? Am I right?
More from entertainment