After 20 years together, my partner and I were finally able to legally marry in Minnesota just a few weeks ago. As is fitting for a blogger, our wedding had it's own hashtag and our DJ, Ethan, was a friend I met on twitter several years ago. Ethan put together a Double Rainbow playlist for our celebration that included 40 tracks and then took requests all night. From that, I chose my top 10 songs for a wedding mix to bring sweetness and fun to the party
1. She Keeps Me Warm - Mary Lambert "I could be your morning sunrise, all the time, all the time, yeah." A song about loving who you love.
2. Dance Apocalyptic - Janelle Monae No one can resist the urge to dance when Janelle Monae is doing her thing.
3. Thinkin Bout You - Frank Ocean "It will never get old, not in my soul, not in my spirit, keep it alive. We'll go down this road 'til it turns from color to black and white." Frank Ocean can sing to me anytime but the video for this song includes zombies and would keep me up at night.NEXT:Cause you gotta have this -->
4. Faith - George Michael I grew up during the 80's so George Michael will always have a special place in my heart. 'Cause I gotta have faith.NEXT:So simple -->
5. ABC - The Jackson 5 Let a young Michael Jackson teach you how simple love can be. Added singalong value because everyone knows their ABC's and can count to 3.NEXT:A new classic -->
6. Make You Feel My Love - Adele This song was written and recorded by Bob Dylan but no one sings it like Adele.NEXT:Oh Yes! -->
7. Crazy in Love - Beyonce (feat. Jay-Z) Don't worry. Few of us can dance like Beyonce.NEXT:Ignore the lyrics -->
8. I Love It - Icona Pop "I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs." Well, those may not be the most romantic lyrics for a wedding but maybe every wedding should include a cautionary tale. Besides, we all need to dance it out sometimes.NEXT:Classic! -->
Image: The B52s live in London. Simon Jay Price/UPPA/ZUMAPRESS.com
9. Love Shack - B52s An absolute must-have on every wedding or party playlist forever and ever.
10. Crazy for You - Madonna We all need classic Madonna in our lives and, yes, I remember the movie Vision Quest. We saved this one for last.
What are your favorite wedding songs?
More from entertainment