Whether it is already on her wish list or not, what woman doesn’t want a gift that keeps giving back to her family, her community, her planet and herself? This holiday season surprise her with eco-gifts she’ll love and help support economically-challenged green small businesses. In “Buycotting the Holidays”, I explained why these companies need our support to survive this tough holiday retail season…so here are some great green gifts for all the women in your life: ·
Luxurious eco-clothing, bath and bedding: DreamSacks is a one-stop, eco-shop for comfortable and natural fiber products made from silk, soy and sustainable bamboo. On their website, you’ll find beautiful sheets, blankets, casual clothing, robes and towels. And for a limited time (Sunday November 23rd – Friday 28th at midnight), DreamSacks is offering a special coupon just for visitors to this blog. Just enter NBCUGREEN at the website when prompted for the coupon code and get 15% off! Quality and value…a dream solution.
· Organic Skin and Personal Care: There are so many great eco-friendly, organic skin care companies in business today…please support them so they will all be here tomorrow. A few of my favorites with special offers this season:
· Gilly’s Organics: “Hey Sugar, Lookin’ Good” – an all organic, natural, extremely gentle, sugar scrub is a wonderful exfoliant that smooths and shines your skin. Perfect for home spa manis and pedis. Plus, readers of this blog can enjoy a free 4oz. scrub worth $18 FREE when you buy 8oz. of Gilly’s amazing product. Treat her and support Gilly because she then gives 10% to local NJ foodbanks. Buy one for all the women on your list.
· Pharmacopia: These natural and organic skin care products are a treat 365 days a year but during the holidays, Pharmacopia offers a special GO. RELAX. Gift Set of their fabulous organic lavender and chamomile essential oils in a cleanser, body lotion and shea butter cream, all TSA standard travel sizes in an eco-friendly tote.
· Soaptopia: At the top of my wish list, being a member of the Soaptopia Bath of the Month Club…the very best way to enjoy all their great “junk-free” bath products. Or visit their website and build your own gift sets - all wrapped in free, eco-friendly gift wrapping.
· Eminence: Here’s a great idea. Eminence packaged up their best selling handmade organic fruit smoothie bodywash with a natural body loofa in an eco-bag with a festive ornament. But the gift doesn’t stop there…inside the ornament is a chocolate that could be your golden ticket to a world famous spa in Sedona, Arizona. (A trip for two so you could win too!) Buy the gift bag, enter the contest and cross your fingers…
· Natural Purses and Wallets: Raw Bags offers elegant purses and wallets that will be the perfect fit for any women. They design raw material purses from bamboo, raw leather, raw silk and recycled paper. My favorite pick of the season is their Green Bamboo Cube Clutch.
· Jewelry: Of course, what she really, really wants is some bling…so thrill her with eco-luxury and conflict-free jewels from Brilliant Earth. From socially responsible gold to fair trade jewels, their beautiful rings, pendants and gemstones originate from ethical and environmentally responsible sources.
Coming up next: Eco-Friendly Gifts for Babies and Teens
Mary Beth Gonzalez
More from beauty-style