(courtesy of www.sideviewmagazine.onsugar.com)
I have been promising myself for a while now that I am going to start paying attention to me again. While I love my family life and tolerate my work life, I have not been doing the things that I like to do for me. Now, don't misunderstand me I have never been a makeup girl. I wear it when I am going out for an evening but lip gloss is all I apply on a day to day basis. With the inspiration of a few makeup savvy friends, I have decided to explore the endless world of lip colors, eye shadowing techniques, and all things face. As I dig my heels into embracing my thirties, I do so with the knowledge that concealer will likely become one of my closest friends when my children keep me up at night. Ahhh, discovery.
On Saturday, April 9th, I had the pleasure of attending the Nordstrom Cosmetic Trend Show. What better way to spend my birthday morning than to immerse myself in all things girly and learn a few things about makeup. I had no idea of the wonders that awaited me as I took my seat in front of the makeup runway in the center of Nordstrom's first floor level. Here are a few things I learned at the Trend Show:
- 6:30am is not too early for makeup.
- Women will line up in the damp morning air hours before the Trend Show is to start much like groupies line up for autographs on their breasts.
- Yes, some of these women will drag their incredibly sad husbands to the show. Yes, these husbands will get pushed by restless makeup seeking hoards of women.
- I am not above engaging in a light jog to get a good seat to see said Trend Show.
- I am not above screaming for free makeup giveaways.
- Cosmetic lines will fly in their most dynamic representatives from around the county and Norway to introduce drooling women to new products in their lines.
- Apparently, every woman should have at least one Chanel cosmetic item in her purse.
- Tweeting during the Trend Show can get you free stuff.
- Skin care is the gateway to the land of the beautiful face but makeup is the garden within.
- When you sleep, your skin works to repair itself. Yes, night recovery treatments are important. Estee Lauder is the industry leader in night recovery. Who knew?
- I can love a makeup line other than Smashbox.
- The Laura Mercier counter is my new addiction.
- Wearing a full face of makeup does not mean you have to overwhelm your face.
- Cream eye shadow gives me goosebumps.
- Black girls look damn good in bronzer.
- You can wear tinted moisturizer, illuminating moisturizer, bronzer, concealer, cream eyeshadow, cream blush and a full lip and look natural and effortless.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer w/ SPF 20 in Almond is my new confidant. Ohhh, the things we will do together.
- A tight line is a subtly sexy alternative to the standard top lid eye line. With a gel liner and a small flat brush work the color under (not above) the top lashes.
- Clarins Instant Gloss gives my lips the perfect red shade.
- Avaha means love and is the name of a very nice skin care line.
- The Tanda Zap greatly diminishes pimples in 24 to 48 hours. Did I buy it? Yes. Did it work? Yes!
- Yves Saint Laurent has a beautiful eye shadow line. Yes, it is expensive.
- Any and all future Nordstrom gift cards I receive will be spent in the Beauty Department.
I will be attending the show in the fall and cannot wait. Did you attend the Nordstrom Cosmetic Trend Show? What did you think? Feel free to comment at blushblog.com
More from beauty-style