Warm summer weather just begs for entertaining -- whether it's impromptu cocktails on the porch with your neighbor, a backyard barbecue or a low-key dinner party with friends. Now is the time to stock up on a few entertaining essentials to keep on hand this summer -- so no matter the day or occasion, you are ready for guests! There are five key pieces I rely on time and time again to create an inviting and stylish atmosphere.
Ice Bucket, Tray, Fouta & Carafe
1. Melamine or wooden trays. These pieces are an easy way to corral napkins, and flatware -- or to create a drink station. Snip a flower from your yard and put it in a bud vase or add a candle for more formal settings.
Carafes & Bottles
2. Carafes + glass water bottles. These inexpensive bottles are such an easy way to dress up your water, wine or mixers. I love to slice cucumber and lemon and toss them into my water -- guests are always impressed, and it takes just a few minutes!
3. Cloth napkins & tablecloths. Eco-conscious + stylish. Always a winning combination for me! This season I've been throwing a Turkish Towel on our outdoor table for an impromptu tablecloth and love the relaxed look!
4. Stemless glasses. Depending on the location, you can opt for plastic or glass, but I always find stemless glasses lend themselves to summer entertaining when outdoors.
Ice Bucket or Tub
5. Ice bucket or tub. Keep drinks cool outside and drinks easily at hand by using ice buckets or tubs.
What's your go-to item for summer entertaining?