Take Brigitte Bardot, for example. She was a beauty icon in the '60s, but her look is still so relevant today. There is something about recreating classic looks on today's women that we love. Learning from others' talents, and achieving our full potential as people who try to bring out the best in the beauty of others, makes us feel beautiful, too. Revitalizing old looks makes us feel like we are respecting the path of those who created so much beauty in the past, while still making us -- and our clients -- feel our best in the modern times.
We recreated Brigitte’s timeless bohemian look on K, who transformed into a current version of yesterday's superstar in a few simple steps!
1. Tease the crown heavily (lots of volume!)
2. Wrap small sections of hair around a opened curling iron or curl stick.
3. Wrap the hair away from the face.
4. Pin the middle section of hair in back first, creating a "bump" at the crown, then bring the front of the hair back to that middle pin. Add a bow or scarf, and voila! BB in the flesh.
1. Apply a creamy, matte shadow all over the lid. Sweep a grey-taupe shadow in the crease, pulling out the edges slightly.
2. Using a small eyeliner brush, draw an exaggerated cat eye with black gel eyeliner.
3. Perfect the skin with a matte foundation.
4. Use bronzer to contour your face (under the cheekbones, on the temples, under the jaw).
5. Sweep a pinky-peach blush on the apples of the cheeks.
6. Use a liquid highlighter to define the tops of the cheekbones and bridge of the nose.
7. Apply mascara liberally on top and bottom lashes. When mascara dries, add a strip of false lashes.
8. Use a nude lip liner to completely fill in the lips and put a little bit of lip gloss only in the center of the lips.
Paying homage to one of the most classic beauties in history, and recognizing the hand others have had in inspiring our work, makes us feel beautiful. We can learn so much and develop our talents by following the example of those who practiced our craft in the past.
This post is part of BlogHer's My Beautiful Moment editorial series, made possible by Olay.