Summer travel season is officially upon us! With that comes a lot of packing, planning and time in the air and on the road. After your bags are all packed, the last thing to do is pick out a travel outfit. Skip the leggings or sweatpants this year and instead opt for a pulled-together look that is equal parts stylish and comfortable!
1. Hat & Shades: Ideal for covering up messy hair when you hop off the plane and disguising tired eyes from early wake-up calls -- this combo is essential for any long-distance flight.
2. Watch: Don't forget to wear a wristwatch when you fly between time zones!
3. Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is the perfect weight for a flight -- it adds warmth, but it still looks seasonal and adds structure to a loose maxi dress.
4. Big Tote Bag: Look for a bag that will comfortably hang over your shoulder and work as a carry on. I like to fit a small clutch (with my wallet & purse essentials), my laptop in a travel case, a pashmina and several books or magazines.
5. Jersey Maxi Dress: Wear a cotton/jersey blend maxi dress for ultimate comfort (read: PJ like quality) that isn't too tight or form-fitting.
6. Flip Flops: Ideal for slipping on and off at security!
Before you hit the airport, give your tote bag a re-vamp to insure you have all your travel essentials at your fingertips. There is nothing worse then forgetting something on a long flight!
1. Pashmina or Scarf: I never get on a plane without a wrap to keep me warm. Look for something light so it doesn't take up too much space in your bag.
2. Oil-Absorbing Sheets: For a quick refresh before you hop off the plane and can actually wash your face.
3. Hand Cream & 4.Hydrating Spray: Flying can really dry out your skin, so be sure to moisturize frequently + give your skin a spritz of hydrating water.
5. Hair Tie: Pull your hair back when you get in the car or flight for a long trip to keep it from getting too messy.
6. Lip Balm: Dry, cracked lips can occur on long flights, so be sure to keep your lips moisturized, too!
7. Listerine Strips: Until you have a chance to brush your teeth -- these do the trick!
8. Notebook: You never know when you'll have a great idea to jot down!
9. Felt Tip Pen: Note -- opt for a felt-tip pen or marker versus a roller ball or ink pen, which can explode with the changing air pressure on a flight.
10. Granola/Health Bar: You never know how long you could be without food on a long flight or trip, so keep a stash of healthy snacks in your bag.
11. Reading Material: This is a no-brainer -- but easy to forget!
12. Cozy Socks: Swap your sandals or flip flops for cozy socks for added comfort (and warmth) on your trip.
13. External Battery: There is nothing worse than a dead phone or iPad when you're on the go.
14. Sunglasses: To cover up tired eyes post-trip.
15. Headphones: Skip the airline option and bring your own earbuds on the plane.
What are your go-to travel essentials??