By far one of the most asked questions in the salon industry today. We
thrive on maintaining a trendy and fashionable look for the workplace
which lets face it, is where most women are today.
So to answer the question, here is my professional opinion based on my 23 years as a licensed professional cosmetologist and educator. First and foremost follow
your doctor's instructions, second follow your gut and own personal feelings
on this choice.
The facts and findings are as follows:
1. To date there is no concrete evidence on this topic through studies
or research to prove that any type of hair coloring is unsafe.
2. In the past 23 years in the industry many colorists and stylists have
continued to color their hair while pregnant, primarily due to the
knowledge of the variety of different procedures available in color
3. There are a number of choices available today in hair coloring,
including but not limited to off the scalp hi-liting, non aggressive
demi-colors, rinses and so many more.
4. You have the option to choose what works best for you, I suggest that
during this special time when you are expecting, even if you never did
before-- you should seek a professional colorist at a maternity friendly
salon and have a consultation. At this time the colorist can explain all
your options. (If you need a reference on what is available and what
each procedure entails, it can be found under hair color at www.MaternitySalon.com.
5. I feel with the right choices you can enjoy gorgeous hair throughout
your pregnancy and worry free.
More from beauty-style