No, this isn't a case of seasonal dyslexia--you really can wear shorts for Fall. The key is to pair your shorts with fall staples, such as sweaters, leggings, and boots. (No shorts with sandals for Fall, unless you live in a tropical climate.) With the appropriate layers, your summer shorts can fit comfortably right into the fall season. Here's how to wear your summer shorts this Fall:
1. Start with your summer shorts, worn over tights or leggings. For the most seasonally appropriate effect, try shorts in a heavier weight fabric, such as denim or wool.
2. On top, try a floaty top with shorts that are tighter fitting. If you're wearing roomier shorts, try a fitted top.
3. Layer on a cardigan sweater, both for warmth and some additional color and texture.
4. Slip on a parka jacket on top, leaving it open to let the cardigan and top peek through. We love how the color of the faux fur trim echoes the yellow in the sweater, and how the combination of the parka, shorts, and leggings creates a long, lean line.
5. Finish off the look with a pair of tall boots (notice how the grommets on the boots echo the line of buttons on the shorts) and a textured shoulder bag.
Tweed Check Cross Body Bag | $55 at Topshop, Roxy Highwaisted Hotpants | $55 at Topshop, Leggings | $15.50 at American Eagle, Trooper Ankle Boots | $29.80 at Forever 21, Parka Hood Jacket | $44.90 at Heritage 1981. See more information about this look.
How would you wear your summer shorts this Fall? Share your style with us in the comments!
This post originally ran on Omiru: Style for All, Contributing Editor Trisha Okubo's award winning fashion blog about real style for real people. Find fashion trends, how-to guides, and outfit inspiration daily at www.omiru.com.
More from beauty-style