If you've ever tried eyelash extentions, you know they are a huge pain in the butt. Yes they are gorgeous and make your eyes look amazing, but at a high price.
You've got to baby them more than a child, trying not to smoosh them against your pillow, combing them daily, and avoiding eye makeup removers at all cost. Fortunately there is a great alternative that curves your natural lashes, giving them a full effect that last weeks!
This beauty treatment is called a 'Lash Lift' or 'Lash Perm' and has become all the rage in the beauty community. The advantage of the eyelash lift, is that it curls your natural lashes, so you don't have any foreign fibers on your face to care for. The lash lift makes your lashes appear more voluminous and flirty, and obviously much easier to care for.
What Makes A Lash Lift Better?
The bigges advantage of lash lift vs. eyelash extentions, is that it's easier to wash your face and area around your eyes, they are easier to comb, and cost way less than eyelash extentions. Now you can even get a kit to do your own lash perm in the privacy of your own home. If you're curious about what an eyelash lift can do for your beauty routine- keep reading to see how to do one at home!
How To Do A Lash Lift At Home
1) To begin, use the silicone pads provided in the kit and place the above the eyelid, along your lash line. You can also add a little glue fron the kit to secure the silcione pad perfectly to the area.
2) Apply a small amount of glue to the outside of the silicone pad, and let it dry a few seconds. Then, one by one using a toothpick, place each eyelash firmly onto the silcone pad, allowing the glue to hold it down. Use the toothpick to spread them out evenly before perming.
3) Next it is time to apply the perming solution, which comes in a tiny pink bottle. Coat lashes evenly with the perming soution for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your lashes. After the time has elapsed, wipe the soltuon off with a lint free wipe before moving on.
4) After removing the permining solution, coat the lashes with the small blue bottle, of setting lotion. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes, and then wipe away with a lint free cloth.
5) Apply an even layer of the small yellow bottle of the nourishing agent. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to moisturize and hydrate lashes after the treatment. apply to any areas where you used the eyelash glue (around silicone pads) so that it makes them easier to remove
6) You can repeat steps 1-5 for lower lashes, or just enjoy your new lash perm! Make sure to wash your face following the treatment to remove any that was left on skin! You can begin washing your face and drying normally!
As you can see, it only takes 5 easy steps to do an at home lash lift, and the results will amaze you! With this treatment, my lashes stayed perfectly flirty for about 9 weeks before i was ready for a touch up!
Tips for Doing a DIY Lash Lift
* Be very organized before, and gather all materials you could need before hand. Some handy things are toothpicks, tweezers, lint free wipes, and maybe a friend to hand you things if it's your first time
*Use a mild cleanser following treatment because your eyes may be a little sensitive afterwards
*Be patient, and use the nourishing cleanser to wipe up any mistakes!
*When touching up, remove the solution earlier from lashes that look curled, and let it sit longer on "virgin" lashes.
And there you have it, the best way to get flirty lashes that last! Enjoy your DIY Lash Lift!
More from beauty-style