Woooo! It’s officially award season, which means I become super fashion judgmental and share my b*tchy, catty comments with all of you!
So let’s kick this off by recapping the Golden Globes, my favorite of all the award shows (probably because people have gotten drunk pre-speech.)Best/Worst Moments: Award Show
- Host/presenter: Ricky Gervais – Hilarious, drinking a beer and shamelessly self promoting. Love it all.
- Quote: “It’s God crying for NBC,” said by Tina Fey during the NBC pre-show. So true. I hope NBC gets herpes for what it’s doing to Conan.
- Acceptance speeches: Glee cast, Sandra Bullock and Robert Downey Jr. A nice mix of silly, sweet and sincere.
- Presenters: Felicity Huffman/Mickey Rourke – Guess reading isn’t fundamental.
- Quote: “Give it up for yourselves,” James Cameron. Seriously, are you kidding me?
- Commercial: Chrysler, thanks for inviting ME to keep watching the Golden Globes, which I was already watching on MY TV. FAIL.
- Acceptance speech: Anything with James Cameron.
- Camerawork: Too many moments to mention. NBC can’t even produce the show correctly? Who was controlling the camera throws?
Best/Worst Moments: Fashion
I have to say, this was difficult to write because I loved a lot of the dresses last night. But alas, I had to call out the ones that really shined and should have stayed at home.
Best dressed male/female:
I could not take my eyes off Penelope whenever she was on screen. Hair, dress, jewelry are all flawless. That’s a movie star.
Yes, I have a Glee crush on him, but the classic Hugo Boss suit can never go wrong on any guy.
Best dressed couple:
Amy Poehler and Will Arnett
They make anything from the Gap to evening wear look adorable. Love Amy’s dress, too.
Worst dressed female (tied):
I have a feeling Tom Ford dressed her in this unflattering, shapeless ensemble, and it breaks my heart.
I love ruffles, too, but I don’t LOVE ruffles. Too much. Way too much.
Best skank-free look:
Another great, age-appropriate, classy look with a bit of edge. Also, I’m glad that she left the buttless chaps at home this time.
An ode to Sham-Wow:
Hate the color, hate the overdone texture and that oversize bun (not shown). Not flattering, but she could pick up any spills with that dress.
Needs a reminder she’s not 20 anymore:
We get it, Jen, you’re single, 40 and free. But I don’t want to see your “see you next Tuesday.” Sometimes covering up is classier than showing it all off.
Dress doesn’t match body type:
She has an amazing voice, but this full-volume skirt just doesn’t work on her. Just because it’s De La Renta doesn’t make it right.
I usually love Tina’s choices, but this skirt isn’t working for me or for her petite frame.
Confused a nightgown with a dress:
We get it, you’re hot and a mom. Go back to bed or pump in the bathroom.
Project Runway graduation:
Wearing Christian Siriano – Love the color and way it compliments her skin tone and hair. Ka-boom on the boobs, too! Snap, damn.
Best old Hollywood glamour:
Nicole’s choices can be hit-or-miss, but the dress color and draping are great. Thanks for the nip outlines, too!
LOVE this look. The mix of fabrics, headband and red lips are amazing. The more I look at it, the more I love it.
Well, the Oscars are up next. No mercy!
Read more from Jessica at Everyday Adventures.