Emma Watson has been killing it on the red carpet this summer! From Cannes to film premieres all over the U.S., she's been promoting her new movie The Bling Ring in major style. This particular braided 'do really caught my attention, though. Why? Take one look, and you'll see. The laid-back front appeal is cool, but it's the intricacy of the back of this look that's truly incredible.
Mario Russo, leading expert hair stylist and owner of Boston's Salon Mario Russo, is offering his tips for getting the look yourself.
What you need
Get the look
- Start with clean hair! Wash locks with your fave shampoo of choice. Mario recommends Bumble and Bumble Surf shampoo and conditioner.
- Next, blow dry hair loosely with a 2-inch round brush. Prep locks with Oribe Light Moisturizing Cream hair cream for a soft and smooth feel.
- After hair is dry, work in a generous layer of Oribe Dry Texturizer to give strands texture and grip.
- Now, make a deep side part with a fine-tooth comb. An easy tip? Use the peak of your eyebrow as a guide. After, brush hair through to the back on both sides and secure them both with a hair tie to keep things separate.
- Starting with the side that has less hair, take out your hair tie and begin French braiding just above the ear, working down to the nape of the neck. Once done, fasten with a hair tie.
- Do this same process on the opposite side, but make sure you divide hair into two sections to allow you to braid two narrower lines on this side. The first should be parallel to temples and the second should be close to the crown.
- Once you've braided the three pieces to the nape of the head, merge remaining hair together and braid in the middle to the end of the pony.
- After you finish braiding, twist your hair into a bun at the base of your neck.
- Secure the braid bun with four to six bobby pins and finish the look with a spritz of hairspray for hold and shine.
More celeb 'dos we love
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Emmy Rossum
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Katy Perry
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Mamie Gummer
Photo credits: FayesVision/WENN.com, FilmMagic