We have a total crush on Olivia Palermo's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Mario Russo of Salon Mario Russo in Boston was eager to share his tips for recreating this ultra-stylish 'do. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
“I think Olivia Palmero’s volumized side-swept braid is a great, trendy look of the moment and is fresh! I think just about any face shape would work with the right outfit and makeup,” Mario says.
What you will need:
- Wash hair with Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner, and then apply a dime-sized portion of Oribe styling cream to damp hair working the product throughout from the ends of your hair to the roots.
- Separate your hair into three sections and blow dry each using a 2-inch diameter round brush to create a volumized look.
- After your hair is dry, for volume and texture, use a 1-inch barrel curling iron to create large barrel curls. To do this, begin at the crown of the head and move backwards to the base of your scalp, curling two inch sections at a time (two inches back and two inches across), securing each with a bobby pin to set the curl. Repeat this on both sides until you have curled all of your hair.
- After your curls are set, spray them with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- When the hair has set, remove the pins and comb through the curls with your fingers to gently break them apart.
- Then, take a fine-toothed comb and create a deep part on either side of your head, dragging the tip of the comb from the front of the crown to the back of the head.
- Once the part is created, gather all of the hair to the nape of your neck on the opposite side of the part and secure with a hair tie, allowing two to three of the curled pieces in front to remain out of the braid.
- Then take the front hanging pieces and gently wrap them around the hair tie to conceal it, and secure them in place by inserting a bobby pin underneath.
- After your pony is set, divide the curled hair into three sections and tease each with a fine-toothed comb, pulling it up and down the section of hair quickly.
- Take the three teased sections and loosely braid them and tie the end with an invisible hair tie. To finish, spray some Kerastase Double Force spray to tame any flyaways and you are good to go!
*For best results, wash and blow dry hair a day or two before styling.
More 'dos we adore
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Bella Thorne
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Zendaya
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Debby Ryan
Photo credits: Venturelli/WireImage