We have a total crush on Zendaya's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
I totally want to get the look myself, so I asked Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, to share her tips. Enjoy!
Get the look
"This look can be very versatile, sleek and sophisticated or fun and effortless," Walsh says.
- I like to start off by putting a heat protectant (Kerastase Nectar Thermique) into damp hair. Doing this helps smooth the cuticle and protect the hair from heat damage.
- Flip hair upside down and blow dry completely. Doing so dries the root with a ton of volume, and will make it easier to brush up later.
- Go through the hair with a 1-2 inch curling iron. It doesn't have to be neat — we're just looking to make the hair a little bit more flexible.
- Brush it out with a Denman Brush for a looser wave.
- Now pull hair into a ponytail using an elastic, making sure it's nice and smooth.
- Take a doughnut ring and push hair completely through the hole until it rests onto the band.
- Spread hair evenly around the doughnut, take an elastic and slip over and under the bun.
- Now take the hairs that are sticking out and wrap them around the hair band. Secure with bobby pins.
- Finish the bun by spraying with hairspray. (Kerastase Double Force Controle Ultime)
More 'dos we adore
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Natalie Zea
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Bella Thorne
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Emmy Rossum
Photo credits: TNYF/WENN.com