No woman wants to wear a full face of makeup when it's hotter than heck outside, but you've still gotta look presentable. For those days when we want to look a bit polished but still let our skin breathe, we turn to these products.
- Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream: In our everyday summer life, we're a bit low maintenance when it comes to our skin care, but for special times when we want our skin to shine (in a good way), we turn to BB creams like this one for sun protection, great coverage and even tone.
- Mirabella Neon Muse Mascara: There are only a few months every year where you can let your neon freak flag fly proudly, and this summer we'll be showing off our neon love with a subtle tinted mascara. This one from Mirabella is double sided so you can double your fun!
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never: There's just something about summer that makes you want to rock a hot pink lip! Perk up your pout with a bright hue that won't budge when the temps rise, like our new fave from bareMinerals.
- Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelettes: Between sweaty outdoor runs and frequent weekend getaways, our skin can suffer a lot in the summer. Always be prepared to wipe away unwanted grime with a mini pack of facial wipes you can take anywhere. This one goes the extra mile and brightens skin, too!
'Tis the season for textured waves and beachy braids. We can't wait! While you're having fun experimenting with updos, don't forget to treat your locks to some much-needed TLC after your time in the sun.
- Paul Mitchell Sun Shield Conditioning Spray: It's time for some fun in the sun! While you're rubbing SPF all over your body, don't forget your hair! Locks need some love, too, after all. Spritz an SPF spray all over locks to shield against harsh UV rays.
- Pssssst Instant Dry Shampoo: Some days, your hair is just going to be a greasy mess this summer. Fight back with a dry shampoo that will whip your strands into shape in mere seconds. Travel sized ones are even better!
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Conditioner: You should never skip the conditioning process, especially during the hot summer months. Give your locks some TLC and a boost of volume with this gem!
- Remington Patent Leather Bow Barette: You're about to spend a lot of time with your hair off your face, so you might as well make it look cute with a stylish and bold accessory, like this colorful clip.
Sweat and body hair: Yep, summer has officially arrived. Summer poses a few unique bodily concerns, and for every issue you've got, we're arming you with some product gems!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 100: You have better things to do this summer than waste time rubbing in thick sunscreens, right? That's what we thought. Save time and frustration and pick up a spray on SPF that will glide over skin and leave you glowing, not pasty.
- Vince Camuto Eau de Parfum: Who says you can't wear perfume in the summer? Just look for a light and airy scent that won't overcome you. Trust us, nobody likes the smell of perfume mixed with summer sweat.
- Remington Smooth & Silky Body & Bikini Grooming Kit: Waxing season is in full swing but for those last-minute hair removal emergencies, we trust an at-home device that strips away unwanted hair without irritating our skin.
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor: Never leave the house for a weekend getaway without a razor in your bag. You never know when you'll need one!
If ever there were an official pedicure season, summer would be it. This summer, we're going to paint our piggies in some light, feminine hues and shocking colors. These are our four faves!
More beauty guides
The ultimate spring beauty guide
The ultimate fall beauty guide
The ultimate winter beauty guide